Saturday: Guingamp (10th) vs Lyon (2nd) (16:00 GMT)
Guingamp will be aiming to dent Lyon’s title-challenge when the two sides meet at the Stade du Roudourou on Saturday afternoon. The hosts form picked up just before the international break, as they ended a three match losing run by defeating Nice and claiming a point away to Bastia. Manager Jocelyn Gourvennec may be tempted to rotate his team a bit for this match though, with one eye on their crucial Coupe de France semi-final in midweek.
A weakened Guingamp side may make Lyon’s task a little easier this weekend, but the visitors certainly can’t rest on their laurels, especially given their recent league form. Hubert Fournier’s side have won just two of their last eight outings and have been overtaken by PSG at the top as a result. However, they remain just one point behind the champions heading into this match and will go top, for 24 hours at least, if they avoid defeat here.
– Guingamp are the only Ligue 1 club not to have drawn a home league game this campaign.
– Only Monaco (33) and Lyon (31) have gained more points than Guingamp (27) since the start of December.
– Lyon have picked up 21 points from a possible 45 on the road this season.
– They have won just one of their last five away league matches.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 13, Lyon beat Guingamp 3-1 at the Stade de Gerland.