Friday: Marseille (4th) vs Lorient (18th) (19:30 GMT)
Marseille will be aiming to end a run of three consecutive league defeats when they take on Lorient at the Stade Velodrome on Friday evening. Losses to PSG, Bordeaux and, most recently, Nantes, have seen the home side’s title challenge completely collapse and their position in the top three has been snatched by Monaco. With their Champions League ambitions now under serious threat, Marcelo Bielsa knows his side’s poor form simply can’t continue much longer.
Lorient, meanwhile, have problems of their own. The visitors slipped into the bottom three as a result of last weekend’s loss to relegation rivals Toulouse and now have just five matches in which to get themselves back out. They head into this match two points from safety, so a win here would be extremely welcome for manager Sylvain Ripoll.
– The last time Marseille lost three league games in a row was back in October 2013.
– They have won just two of their last 10 league outings.
– Lorient have failed to win any of their last four away league matches.
– They have not scored in any of their previous three league games.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 16, these two sides drew 1-1.