Sunday: Marseille (3rd) vs PSG (2nd) (20:00 GMT)
Marseille and PSG meet at the Stade Velodrome on Sunday evening in one of the league’s biggest Classique encounters for years. The hosts sit third in the table, four points behind current leaders Lyon and two behind tonight’s opponents. Marcelo Bielsa’s men warmed up for this game in the perfect style, thrashing relegation-threatened Lens 4-0 away from home.
PSG, meanwhile, have lost just one of their last 10 in the league and beat Lorient 3-1 last time out. The champions know they can go back to the league summit with a win here this evening and deliver a hammer blow to Marseille’s title hopes at the same time. This is without doubt one of the most crucial Classique matches in recent memory as the visitors look to edge themselves one step closer to retaining their championship.
– Marseille have lost just one of their last eight league outings.
– They have scored 10 goals in their last three matches.
– PSG’s current points tally (59) is their lowest at this stage of the season since 2010-11.
– They have won 22 points from a possible 45 on the road this campaign.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 13, PSG beat Marseille 2-0 at the Parc des Princes.