Friday: PSG (2nd) vs Lorient (15th) (19:30 GMT)
PSG will have a chance to go temporarily top of the table as they take on Lorient at the Parc des Princes this evening. The champions blew their chance of overtaking Lyon at the league summit last weekend as they lost 3-2 away to Bordeaux, so manager Laurent Blanc will be demanding a better performance from his players in this one as they look to pile the pressure on Lyon and fellow title challengers Marseille.
Lorient, meanwhile, head into this match on the back of a 2-1 win over Caen last weekend. That result eased the pressure on manager Sylvain Ripoll, as his side moved five points clear of the bottom three. The visitors still need a few more points to guarantee their safety, but given PSG’s excellent home record, it will be a tough ask to pick up any here.
– PSG remain unbeaten at home this season, winning 10 and drawing four.
– Their loss to Bordeaux last week was their first in nine league games.
– Lorient have won 12 points from a possible 42 on the road this season.
– They have won just one of their last six away league matches.
– In the reverse fixture in Week 12, PSG beat Lorient 2-1 at the Stade du Moustoir.