Reports from various different reputable outlets emerged today concerning an interest from Liverpool in AS Monaco attacking midfielder Thomas Lemar, with conflicting information.
GFFN has pieced together the information, to construct what appears to have actually happened:
- RMC’s Mohamed Bouhafsi and The Telegraph indicate that over the weekend, Liverpool submitted an initial offer worth €67m for Thomas Lemar.
- L’Équipe indicated this morning that Liverpool had made an €80m offer for the player.
- Sky Sports claimed this evening that AS Monaco had rejected two bids from Liverpool for Thomas Lemar, the two above offers fit that narrative
- Why were these two bids rejected? SFR Sport/RMC claimed this evening that AS Monaco have categorically decided that Thomas Lemar is not for sale.
- Paul Joyce and GFFN reported this morning that AS Monaco might be willing to do business around the €100m mark.
So to recap, AS Monaco appear to have rejected two bids from Liverpool for Thomas Lemar, and Monaco sources have reiterated through SFR Sport/RMC tonight that the player is not for sale.
Is that the truth? Only a few hours remaining in this window to find out…